Research worldwide has shown that green roofs limit
the impact of climate change, underlining the valuable
role they play in sustainable design. They reduce heat transmission from rooftop to habitable space below,
lower ambient temperature, mitigate urban heat island effect, reducethetics.
Advantages of Elmich MEP Tray
• Establish an extensive green roof in short lead time
• Modular, lightweight and portable
• Pre-planting in nursery environment
• Fast installation
• Drainage system independent of trays
• Quick discharge of excess water
• Easy plug-in assembly to drainage system
• Tray replacements do not affect drainage system
• Watertight drainage pipe and connector joints
• Non-clogging of reservoir and drainage channels
• Effective rodent barrier
• Spill-proof placement of planting media
• Capillary wicks facilitate use of stored water
• Optional securing of trays to substrate
• Easily dismantled, stored offsite and re-assembled
• Made from recycled materials
• Supports Green Building Certification
Dreams Garden; green building concept has been adapted easily with the Modular Extensive Planting Tray system allows quick realisation of extensive green roofs and get LEED certification. It is a lightweight and robust planting tray with water storage compartments made from high-strength UV-stabilised polypropylene.
The system includes a support plate with anti-root overflow outlet covers, capillary wicks, geotextile filter, confinement grid, joining and fastening pegs, rodent barriers, base connector and drainage pipes.
The water reservoir in each Elmich MEP® Tray supports long term plant sustainability with minimal maintenance.
The modular tray design allows sustained plant growth and its light weight facilitates easy creation of desired designs and patterns. Each MEP® Tray including accessories, saturated planting media, plants and stored water weighs less than 30kg.
The self-contained MEP® Tray may be pre-planted in a nursery prior to installation to achieve instant greening of rooftops.
MEP® Tray components are manufactured primarily from recycled plastics, supporting all international Green Building Certifications.